Thursday, November 8, 2007

Inbox : One New Message.



From : Mika K
Date : 04-Sept-2007 17:29
"Jprend 1ver avc Jerem à la belette, pui ptet jirai ché lui voir Virg, jsai pa tro en fait. Keep u in tuch"








Everything has ever been written about the Short Messages on the mobile.
Don't count on me to add something original, new, flashy-funky-groovy, or even relevant.

However.
I am pretty sure than no one has ever dared to talk about the dating via SMS. In the little channels on the TNT, or in the cable, there are loads of ads, showing young smiling tanned people who feel soooo lonely in the town they have just moved in. And guess what, if you send "Date", or "Chat", or "Love", or "Plan" through an overtaxed numero, you can chat with these beautiful people !
This mere idea arouses me everytime I see the ads -and I see maybe 20 minutes of the same ads every evening, I let you figure out how I can be aroused.

It's a shameful way of meeting people, but hey, who has never felt lonely in a big city (like Paris?) after living in a town of 1.000 or so inhabitants (like where i came from?) ?

But, let's face the truth, I doubt that someone has ever meet a real chick by using "Date", "Hookup" or "Plan". As much as the dating websites are efficient (and I can prove that), this SMS-system sucks (I can't prove that, because my mom pays my phone bills and I am a nice kid).

I can only be dead certain that it is above all the most expensive way of wasting your time, nothing more. The "Minitel Rose" was efficient at its time -I have loads of testimonies from flirt veterans-, Internet is so successful by now, but I don't predict the same success for the users of dating via SMS.

The media-convergence faces here an obstacle. You can't repeat a free-or so- system with an overtaxed device. No chance.
And such a pity.

No comments: